[MlMt] Address scheme

Thomas Grundberg thomas at grundberg.se
Thu Apr 16 07:15:21 EDT 2015

By mistake I just sent a confidential document to an entire mailing
list. Normally, I do check what’s in the address field before sending,
but I was in a hurry and forgot.

The recipient address looked like this:
"Firstname Lastname something at gmail.com [listname]" <listname at
yahoogroups.com>

The email was intended for the recipient with the gmail address, but
instead went to a Yahoogroup. When I addressed the email, only the first
part was visible in the address field, which probably contributed to me
not noticing the wrong address.

As I also have a valid address to the same person – "Firstname
Lastname something at gmail.com" – that pops up in the “To” field,
I suppose that Mailmate somehow is trying to be helpful by picking up
these kind of addresses from previous emails to this and other mailing
lists.

Is it possible to get rid of this helpfulness?
--
Thomas