[MlMt] Setting up default address for new messages

Wed Apr 15 11:19:54 EDT 2015

On 15 Apr 2015, at 17:09, jimleff.ny at gmail.com wrote:

> Benny, I’m a MailMate newbie. Could you please expand on this a
> little? Are you saying MailMate chooses a sending address for me
> based on which address I’ve previously used to mail a given
> recipient?

Yes, it is briefly described
[here](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/compose#identities). It is based
on the messages in your “Sent Messages” mailbox. Choosing a default
account in the Composer preferences pane only prevents MailMate from
trying to guess an account for messages to unknown recipients.

If you want to change the sending address for a given recipient then you
simply do that for a single message and then the next time the guess is
going to be correct.

There is currently no way to change this behavior other than changing
which messages are part of the “Sent Messages” mailbox.

Let me know if that was not clear.