[MlMt] Unable to delete draft

Wed Apr 15 08:04:20 EDT 2015

On 15 Apr 2015, at 13:55, SaafranStudio wrote:

> Sent the Logs.
> Deleted only on drafts.
> Then deleted again on Drafts and emptied Deleted.

Thanks. The first thing I noticed is that it appears some of the mailbox
paths are not correct. I believe, this:

	INBOX/[Gmail]/Trash

should be this:

	[Gmail]/Trash

Look at the account under SOURCES in the mailbox outline and make sure
that the “Mailbox ▸ Mailbox Type” is configured correctly for the
various standard mailboxes in “[Gmail]”.

Gmail is not really IMAP and deleting a message from a mailbox does not
really mean “delete” — instead it can just mean “remove
label”. This can result in weird behavior depending on how Google
interprets it (configurable to some extent in their webmail settings). I
don't quite know why a message would return to Drafts though, but my
guess is that this is a side-effect of the `\Draft` IMAP keyword -- and
if I'm right then it's yet another non-standard Gmail behavior.