[MlMt] could smart mailbox let me edit/type the folder ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:13:24 EDT 2015

Just to explain my insane number of folders. It's the only way I've found to be able to sanely handle mailing lists on iOS mail app.

When every mail from a mailing list goes to its own folder I can just limit my folder list in iOS mail to track the ones relevant for me instead of getting everything showing up on phone. I wish iOS mail would support smart mailboxes :)

About cmd+T then for me a more scalable UI than the one used currently (btw. I have the same issue with iTunes smart folder UI.):

Why not have the field be a text field and behave like cmd+t, popping up combo filtered by the name and then have a "..." To open up the combo selection of death ?
Or vice versa, keep the current combo and add a "..." Button to open up cmd+t dialog to allow simpler selection.

For me I prefer always having a text field so I can copy/paste into it, but that might just be me :)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen