[MlMt] insertFormatString... ${} expansions listed somewhere?

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Sun Sep 28 23:32:03 EDT 2014

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:54:31 +0200 Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> A short term solution would be to support the insertion of the
> advanced type of format strings. I’ve
> changed `MmReplyWroteString` such that if the first character
> is `{` then it’s the “advanced” formatting style. This works
> in the next test version of MailMate (probably tomorrow).
>
> Now, I almost hate myself for this, but you would then get something
> like what you want by pasting this in the Terminal:

Benny,

That works great, but I really only wish to use that style when I am
using a particular email account. I added the default you suggested and
was thinking I could hook into the email.reply event and alter the
result there depending on what account was used (was looking at the "To"
and "Cc" text fields present in detailed the reply string.

I then learned that the email.reply event only processes the email you
are replying to, not the message as a whole.

Is there an event I could use to alter the message as a whole? Maybe
email.edit, email.compose or something? I did find in the scripting that
currently email.reply, email.display, email.new, and
account.synchronized are the supported events.

Is that still the case? Any plans to expand this?

Jeremy