[MlMt] Mail Date and UTC

Alexander Kucera a.kucera at babylondreams.de
Wed Sep 24 05:14:40 EDT 2014

Hmm, I'm not sure #date is working correctly.

I have a raw date of `Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:38:44 -0500`, but #date seems
to give me the exact same thing only formatted differently. When I print
#date I get `2014-09-23 17:38:44 -0500` instead of `2014-09-24 00:38:44
+0000` which MailMate shows me. So I still would need to do some
timezone script foo to get my log entries straight. Or did I maybe not
understand the purpose of #date correctly?

Alexander Kucera
\ Lighting TD & Compositor — Founder & Lead Artist at BabylonDreams
— The Foundry certified Nuke Trainer
\ Neustadt, Germany GMT +1 \ App.net: AlexK \ Skype: marvinthemartian