[MlMt] Resetting URL Handlers (Yosemite)

Simon Kaplan simon at kaplan.id.au
Sun Sep 21 17:33:24 EDT 2014

Hi all

I wonder if you could please help me. On Yosemite I’ve set MailMate to be my default mail client.  This loads the 4 URL scheme handler (message:, mailto:, mid:, etc) into com.apple.launchservices.secure.plist in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.

If I change back to Mail.app as my default mail handler, these don’t seem to get changed back/deleted from the plist file.

This is a particular problem as OmniFocus uses message: URL schemes to link actions back to their ‘parent’ email messages, so this keeps opening MailMate.  (Obviously many MailMate users will not see this as a bug!)

How can I force the message: URL scheme to go back to mail.app?  I’ve tried editing the com.apple.launchservices.secure.plist file using Xcode, but the changes won’t save.

Thanks for any help the list can provide!

cheers
Simon