[MlMt] insertFormatString... ${} expansions listed somewhere?

Kai Großjohann kai.grossjohann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 16:20:00 EDT 2014

On 19 Sep 2014, at 11:21, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2014, at 21:48, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>> Actually, I find that the Outlook threading is better than I had
>> feared.  It actually works pretty well for a "linear" thread like
>> this one (the one I'm responding to):

I think I should add here that I was talking about the Outlook threading
more than the message content.  I found it pretty cool that Outlook
collapsed sequences of replies into one message, and only displayed
extra messages on every "fork".

About the content, read on...

> For the record, for me top/bottom posting is not just about the
> ordering. Top posting is a “lazy” reply style in the sense that it
> encourages adding a comment to the top of the email leaving it to the
> recipient to figure out what is commented.

Yeah.  I take pains to reiterate the points, leading to things like "on
item 3".  It's not as friendly as just quoting the relevant bit of the
email, as I'm doing here.

And don't we all love those responses that say "Please see my replies
below in orange."

Oh well.  When in Rome, it seems I try to do as the Romans do...

Kai