[MlMt] insertFormatString... ${} expansions listed somewhere?

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Thu Sep 18 12:17:13 EDT 2014

On 18 Sep 2014, at 11:54, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2014, at 14:42, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
>
> That is simply depressing. I cannot imagine the reasoning behind such
> a strange requirement. I might be alone on this, but when I see this
> quoting style then “competent professional” are not the first
> words to cross my mind :-)

I'm fighting it big time, believe me! They cite the ability to see the
entire flow of the message, and I respond that's what your email program
is for w/its ability to link messages in the same thread :-/

> A short term solution would be to support the insertion of the
> advanced type of format strings. I've changed `MmReplyWroteString`
> such that if the first character is `{` then it's the “advanced”
> formatting style. This works in the next test version of MailMate
> (probably tomorrow).
>
> Now, I almost hate myself for this, but you would then get something
> like what you want by pasting this in the Terminal:

snip

> Remember, it won't work before I've uploaded another test release.

I like that, however, I don't really want to change my quoting style for
anything other than this one account. I may just omit the ${cc} portion
in my "alternate" reply key and tell them that's as close as I can get.

Thanks for giving it a go!

--
Jeremy