[MlMt] Is there any way to make a command which does something with a substring of a subject?

Thu Sep 18 12:07:20 EDT 2014

On 18 Sep 2014, at 16:44, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> E.g. I have a subject that looks like "[Code Collaborator] New files
> in Review #73351" and I want to find all messages with #73351 in the
> subject.

You can get part of the way with custom specifiers:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate%40lists.freron.com/msg02243.html

> This is a place where it would be nice if there were an AppleScript
> mapping for running commands. I could have an external package that
> got the selection, and then it could call back into MailMate to
> execute the commands.

It won't be implemented using AppleScript, but I'll certainly implement
the ability to make special searches based on the currently selected
message. In fact, if a specifier has been defined (as linked to above)
then it'll likely be possible to do it by adding a key binding for it
(no need for commands/scripts).