[MlMt] insertFormatString... ${} expansions listed somewhere?

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Thu Sep 18 08:42:52 EDT 2014

On 18 Sep 2014, at 8:27, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2014, at 23:53, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
>
>> Are the variable expansions available for use listed somewhere?
>
> No, they are implicitly available in this file:
>
> 	MailMate.app/Contents/Frameworks/OakMIME.framework/Resources/specifiers.plist

OK, that got me a step closer, however I'm not exactly sure how to use
the ${cc} variable correctly, or maybe it can't be. It is returning to
me only the first person on the Cc list, not the entire list. Is there a
way to get the Cc list?

My company wants corporate email replied to in Outlook fashion :-(. I am
just playing around with ways to make this work in MailMate. I've
managed to do this so far:

	"R" = (
		"replyAll:",
		"insertFormatString:",
		"-----Original Message-----\nFrom: ${to.name}
[mailto:${to.address}\nTo: ${from.name} [mailto:${from.name}]\nCc:
${cc.name}\nSent: ${date}\nSubject:${subject}\n"
	);

This is only one small piece of the puzzle. I have thought about a
Bundle to accomplish this task, but it seems to get only the quote, not
any other information about the email, thus I can't add the above
header.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, and yes... I don't like the Outlook
methodology, but they are really pushing it. I'm willing to go to great
lengths to avoid using Outlook for my work email, just for the reply
message!

--
Jeremy