[MlMt] Rules didn't come along with update

Thu Sep 18 07:48:34 EDT 2014

On 18 Sep 2014, at 11:30, Bob Koss wrote:

> I updated MailMate yesterday and I noticed this morning that my
> previous rules were not applied to incoming mail. I went to look at my
> rules and there weren't any.

That doesn't sound good. So far, I have no other reports about this, but
I'm of course very interested in fixing any bugs related to this.

> Is there a way to recover without entering them all again?

If you have a backup then you can copy this file to get your mailboxes
back:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

You *must* quit MailMate before copying this file.

If you manage to do this and the rules disappear again then let me know.

> Are there plans to make rules available across computers I use.
> Sometimes I'll enter rules on my laptop and sometimes on my desktop
> and it would be nice if I didn't have to do this twice. Possibly sync
> using Dropbox?

I only have some notes on thoughts about how this could work. Something
like Dropbox could be used, but I think it might be better to simply use
IMAP for this purpose (the user could be asked to select a special IMAP
mailbox for MailMate settings). It's not as trivial as it sounds though
:-)