[MlMt] Archive a thread?

Tue Sep 16 06:41:01 EDT 2014

On 16 Sep 2014, at 11:31, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2014, at 20:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, you can use this in your key binding:
>>
>> 	"moveThreadToMailbox:", "ARCHIVE"
>
> is there a way to have the destination be Archive-<year-of-mail> ?

If you are asking for a format string based on the content of the
current email then the answer is no when using custom key bindings. The
following is what you can do using custom key bindings:

`ARCHIVE` is a key that maps to whatever mailbox is assigned as the
“Archive” mailbox type for the account of the currently selected
message.

You can use `/Archive-2014` to put emails in a mailbox explicitly named
`Archive-2014` in the account of the currently selected message. (Note
the prefixed `/`.)

You can use an explicit IMAP mailbox in an explicit account using the
value on the pasteboard after selecting a mailbox and hitting ⌘C.

Using a bundle command then the answer is yes, but this flexibility
comes at the price of it being harder to do :-) I'll provide an example
(when I have more time) if this is what you were asking for.