[MlMt] Quote string on Reply messages

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Mon Sep 15 09:56:12 EDT 2014

Good morning!

I see in the manual (http://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences)
that I can change the Reply String generated by MailMate

     defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmReplyWroteString -string 'On
%e %b %Y, at %k:%M, ${from.name:${from.address}} wrote:'

However, I can never make this work. I copy that line directly, paste it
into the console and all executes fine. I can even "read" it back, and
all is good.

     % defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmReplyWroteString -string 'On
%e %b %Y, at %k:%M, my good friend ${from.name:${from.address}} wrote:'
     % defaults read com.freron.MailMate MmReplyWroteString
     On %e %b %Y, at %k:%M, my good friend ${from.name:${from.address}}
wrote:

Notice I changed it to something silly just to see it work for now, my
company wants me to have a particular reply style that I am hoping I can
mimic using this method.

Anyway, I then load MailMate, hit reply and it adds the line: