[MlMt] default account hidden preference sometimes ignored

Fri Oct 10 05:22:23 EDT 2014

On 10 Oct 2014, at 1:01, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:

> I tried using the hidden preference:
>
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultAccount -string
> 'imap://username@account2.com'
>
> but i still get some emails using account1.com.

Does the `From` part of the status bar display the wrong address before
you enter a recipient? When you enter a recipient then MailMate is still
going to look for messages sent to the same recipient to find the most
likely From address. This cannot currently be disabled.

> One example I have noticed is clicking on a mailto url.

I don't think `mailto:` URLs behave differently.

> Has anyone else noticed this? Found a workaround?

If you really never use the first account then you can remove the email
address from the account settings.