[MlMt] Cannot connect to iCloud mailbox

Fri Oct 3 15:17:30 EDT 2014

On 3 Oct 2014, at 20:36, Zi Yan wrote:

> After updating to 4469, I am not able to connect to my iCloud mailbox.
> After I update to 4551, I am still not able to connect.
>
> The error is always authentication failed.
>
> I tried my iCloud password, application-specific password. Neither
> works.

The most frequent problem with iCloud is the username for the IMAP
settings. It should only be the username part of your email address and
not the full email address. If that doesn't help then provide your
account settings.

The recommended settings can be found
[here](http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4864). Interestingly (and
inconsistently) Apple writes that the entire email address should be
used for SMTP, but that does not seem to matter for my test account.

By the way, r4551 should be able to import your iCloud account from
Apple Mail. You can test this by right-clicking the account to “Remove
Source” and then use “File ▸ Import Accounts…” to import it.