[MlMt] Messages not marked read on open

Wed Oct 1 17:34:49 EDT 2014

On 1 Oct 2014, at 23:20, John Cooper wrote:

>> There are lots of opinions on this subject:
>> http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/402
>
> No doubt, but in the ticket above, there is only one contrary opinion
> other than your own. :) And while I haven't taken a full survey, I'm
> sure that the behavior of Mail, Outlook, Entourage, Gmail and Eudora
> matches what I describe—and shouldn't these count as opinions of
> some weight?

Most of those support POP3, encourage top posting, encourage the use of
HTML, don't support `format=flowed`, etc. :-)

As a user of MailMate, your opinion counts more than the design choices
of other email clients. Linking to the ticket was mainly to show you
that there is little agreement on what would be the best behavior. (It
was not my intention to put it to a vote.)

> Thank you for the workaround. I'll set that and train myself to use a
> keybinding instead of my mouse in MailMate.

If you do get used to it then you might find that it was a good thing
that the default behavior of double-clicking did not suit you.