[MlMt] No more builds after 4587?

Kai Großjohann kai.grossjohann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:41:31 EST 2014

On 26 Nov 2014, at 21:35, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 9:21, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> And this was with the most recent revision (r5021)?
>

> Interesting - "MailMate 4587 is the latest version available—you
> have 4587." is what I see when I try updating - even when holding down
> option for test builds....

The 5000 series consists of 64bit builds.  Benny doesn't consider it
quite stable enough at this point, so cross-updates from the 32bit
series to the 64bit series are currently disabled.  You can manually
download the 64bit series, and then you will get further updates from
there.

Benny has said that he will auto-update existing 32bit installations to
64bit once he considers the 5000 series "ready for prime time".

For a while, there were updates in both the 4000 series and the 5000
series, but it seems Benny is focusing on 64bit right now and that
leaves little time for 32bit.  Benny has also stated that the 64bit
version doesn't offer (many?) new features, he is focusing on stability
and performance right now.

My very personal two cents:  I'm quite happy with the 64bit series.

Kai