[MlMt] moving (gmail) mailboxes between accounts

Sun Nov 23 16:14:58 EST 2014

On 20 Nov 2014, at 20:56, Paula R. T. Coelho wrote:

> i'm using mailbox to move part of my mailboxes in a gmail account to
> another gmail account.

I assume you mean MailMate :-)

> in some cases, i think that when there are mailboxes inside mailboxes
> (labels nested in labels, in gmail vocabulary), the top structure is
> copied to the new account, but it fails to move the messages, which
> remain in the first account. i then need to go to every "sub-label"
> individually to move messages.
>
> any suggested work around? a batch move sort of?

It's been ages since I implemented this, but if I remember correctly
then you can only move explicitly selected mailboxes, that is, you
cannot move an unexpanded hierarchy of mailboxes. It's probably not the
most tested functionality in MailMate, but I don't think I have any open
bug reports.

You should at least be able to move multiple sublabels using
shift-select. Does that also not work for you?