[MlMt] Markdown strikethrough support (was Re: problem with forward vs forward as attachment)

David O'Donnell david at davidbodonnell.com
Thu Nov 13 19:52:17 EST 2014

On 13 Nov 2014, at 18:37, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> You are not doing anything wrong. MailMate is plain text only in the
> composer and in some cases MailMate fails to convert the message to
> plain text and therefore chooses to forward as attachment instead. I
> have some ideas for how I can improve this (handling HTML messages),
> but I haven't had time to implement it yet.

On a possibly-related note, I have a Markdown question. Gruber’s docs
don’t list any means of indicating strikethrough, but say that inline
HTML *should* work. <s> is the HTML tag for strikethrough, but it
doesn’t get converted in MailMate. Neither does <span
style=“text-decoration:line-through”¹>, CSS’ rather wordier
replacement for <s>. Is this intentional or a bug? I don’t need to use
strikethrough often, but when I do, not being able to do so is
frustrating.

--
David O’Donnell

¹ Even with me making **absolutely certain** my quote marks aren’t
educated in the editor.