[MlMt] Suddenly, lag in address-completion?

Luca Allodi luca.allodi at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:50:51 EDT 2014

On 30 May 2014, at 14:09, Gustavo D Villarreal wrote:

> For me, its not a little lag, I actually get the spinning beachball
> for 2-3 seconds.
>
> My Mac has an SSD and is fairly well equipped so it might not be a
> hardware issue

My mac is on a full disk encryption on a 5400rpm hard drive (= very
slow), and I get this same behaviour only occasionally. Anyway if the
contact list is in RAM the whole time, SDD/HD speed may be irrelevant.

The other obvious variable here may be contact list size; mine is
probably relatively small, 537 addresses in there (assuming one address
per contact, which is not true but life is too short :-) )

I have no idea what's the variance in address book sizes though. Do
those with appreciable lag have substantially more massive address
books?

	Luca

> --
> Gustavo D. Villarreal
>
>> On May 30, 2014, at 4:42, "Pedro Lobo" <pedro at plobo.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 30 May 2014, at 2:55, Gustavo Daniel Villarreal wrote:
>>
>> I am having the same issue, with the letter "a" (addresses starting
>> with a). This was discussed previously on the list back in February,
>> but its not clear if it was resolved or not.
>>
>> I'm running 4229 and I can confirm that I'm noticing lag, and not
>> just on the a. Oddly enough, I can type a name that starts with
>> anything else, but once I get to the letter a, it's stalls a little.
>>
>> So for instance:
>>
>> Sergio == Fine
>> Carlo == Lag once I hit the a
>> Thank you.
>>
>> On 29 May 2014, at 20:20, Seebs wrote:
>>
>> So, I've been using mailmate for ages, works pretty well. Just today,
>> I started having a new experience. I start typing an address in the
>> To bar, and there's a very noticeable pause, maybe two or three
>> seconds, before the autocomplete list shows up.
>>
>> Do I have too much email or something? Do I need to segregate older
>> messages out, perhaps? Is this a tweakable or tunable thing that I
>> could address by hinting that I have plenty of memory?
>>
>> -s
>>
>> mailmate mailing list
>> mailmate at lists.freron.com
>>
>> mailmate mailing list