[MlMt] Sync only header

Tobias Kirchhofer tobias at kirchhofer.net
Fri May 30 04:09:01 EDT 2014

On 17 Nov 2013, at 19:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2013, at 15:57, Tobias Kirchhofer wrote:
>
>> One reason why i look for a replacement for mail.app since Mavericks is the lack of an option to decide if only the header is synced but not the full email.
>>
>> Could it be possible to include an option like this in the next version of Mailmate?
>
> Possible, yes. Likely, no. I would like to offer more flexibility with regard to how much is fetched, but it's not a high priority item. Right now, MailMate is a fully offline IMAP email client only.
>
> Your request though is probably what would be easiest to implement (compared to, e.g., not fetching attachments). When I have more time I'll check how much work it would require.

This is still an issue, at least for me. I moved to a new device, configured mail.app, it took around 2 days till all mails arrived on my machine (around 600.000 mails in shared folders...) . Same with MailMate. mail.app had it before - just syncing header - but apple removed this feature.

Apart from that - great work, i appreciate MailMate.

--
Tobias Kirchhofer
tobias at kirchhofer.net