[MlMt] Automatically stored attachments

Luca Allodi luca.allodi at gmail.com
Thu May 29 11:09:21 EDT 2014

Hi All, Benny,

All the attachments "quicklook'd" in MailMate are stored in
~/Library/Application Support/Mailmate/Attachments.

Depending on correspondence volume, this may stack up to several GBs.
More importantly, confidential attachments to (GPG-)encrypted e-mails
are stored there as well until the email is (if ever) deleted. This is
an insecure behaviour that some may desire not to happen.

I'm not sure whether this is a common issue, but in general I see the
"Attachments" folder as a temporary directory, not as a permanent
storage location (especially for encrypted attachments).

Is there a way to avoid this? Is this an issue for other users as well
or is it only me?

Best,

      Luca

--