[MlMt] Specifying an "identity" per mailbox.

Tue May 27 16:34:58 EDT 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 21:42, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

>> MailMate should definitely be able to choose the correct From address
>> for a reply. Make sure that MailMate knows your email addresses.
>> [This](http://blog.freron.com/2013/handling-multiple-identities/) is
>> a good starting point and then let me know if you still cannot make
>> it work as expected.
>
> The problem I have is more related to the way in which an internal
> mail is routed - I'm using Sieve to route mails to a particular folder
> based not upon the To address, but, the Subject.  As a result, the
> address which I want to then use as the From (even though it's entered
> as one of my email address as per your guide above), isn't detected,
> and I have to manually select it from the drop-down list.

Since Sieve doesn't alter the message (as far as I know) MailMate should
still be able to use the correct email address for replies. If MailMate
knows that one of your addresses is `mailmate at example.com` then MailMate
should use it as the default From for a reply. Or maybe I'm missing the
point.

> What I was hoping for was some MailMate preference that could select a
> default From address for a specific IMAP folder.

That's not currently possible, but it's not completely unlikely to be
possible at some point.