[MlMt] Disable app nap not working?

Tue May 27 07:19:33 EDT 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 17:44, Seebs wrote:

> So, I got this useful tip from the list of disabling app nap for
> MailMate, and life has been good...
>
> Until this weekend, when Mailmate was pretty quiet and then I clicked
> on it and I had 120 messages some three days old.

And there was no other problems. The account had not gone offline? It
just synchronized and fetched new messages when you clicked on it?

> Is there something else I might need to do? I have double-checked, Get
> Info continues to show the app as having "Prevent App Nap" selected.
> And it is pretty important to me that Mailmate actually check for mail
> actively.

Very understandable. I would assume that this setting does as advertised
and therefore the problem/bug is likely to be MailMate. But MailMate
doesn't do anything special when clicking on its dock icon and this is
unlikely to trigger a synchronization by itself. Therefore I'm not sure
where to start. Well, I've been planning to introduce some kind of
top-level log file to better analyze issues like this. I'll see if I can
prioritize that a bit higher.

> No, I can't "remember to bring it to the foreground".

Don't worry. I would never suggest that as a solution.