[MlMt] performance issue with a gmail account

Mon May 12 09:16:54 EDT 2014

On 11 May 2014, at 17:00, Paula R. T. Coelho wrote:

> one of the gmail accounts is old and have too many labels (mailboxes?)
> created over many years.
> mailmate seems to dislike it, it needs several minutes to check this
> email account (activity viewer tells me it is going through all the
> several labels), and as it checks emails every 5 min it stays a large
> fraction of time checking this account.

It's 10 minutes by default, but I've been told about similar problems
with Gmail before and I haven't really figured out exactly what happens
yet.

> is there a way to prevent mailmate to check through all the labels,
> while still checking inbox often?

Yes, you can right-click a mailbox and change its “Synchronization
Schedule”. Unfortunately this does not work for selecting multiple
mailboxes, but you can set it  on the account itself (under SOURCES) and
that'll work as a default for any mailboxes in the account with no
explicit setting (except the INBOX).

I'm not sure this is going to fix the problem. The problem might be
“[Gmail]/All Mail” (if you subscribe to this mailbox). In any case,
I would appreciate if you could open the Activity Viewer in MailMate
(see the Window menu), keep MailMate running/synchronizing for a while,
and then use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs” to send me an example. That
might help me analyze what the problem is.

(Note that for debugging you can also take mailboxes offline. This
*does* work when selecting multiple mailboxes.)