[MlMt] Error loading auto-saved draft

Kee Hinckley kee+freron at hinckley.com
Mon May 5 11:42:57 EDT 2014

The latest MailMate update notice (Version 1.8 (4214)) came in while I
was composing an message and without thinking about it, I said to
install. It quit, came up, and then asked  me if I  wanted to import my
auto-saved draft. I said yes.

The next dialog that came up said:

	Message body for msg id 329797 not found
(Messages/IMAP/khinckley%40tivo.com at imaps.tivo.com/Drafts.mailbox/Messages/329797.eml)

And indeed, checking the Drafts directory said it wasn't there. I
certainly didn't want to do a database rebuild, so I told it to ignore
and restart. Same thing.

So this time I manually copied a different .eml file to 329797.eml and
told it to restart.

Again it came up and asked me if I wanted to import the auto-saved
draft. I said yes.

And it all worked. Not only that. It actually loaded the saved draft,
and 329797.eml in the Draft's directory is now the correct auto-saved
draft (I thought for sure I'd lost it).

I'd guess that there's either a race condition, or something is checking
for the existence if the draft file when it shouldn't.