[MlMt] Follow-up question on using Spamsieve with Mailmate

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Mar 31 15:28:59 EDT 2014

> There is no way to do that in MailMate. The only server-side filtering standard I know is Sieve, but I don't even know if a GUI for Sieve exists on Mac OS X (theoretically, I think it's possible to create such a GUI if the IMAP server supports Sieve).

I've heard of Sieve, but although I've been managing Internet mail systems since the very early 90s, I have yet to actually encounter a site that actually uses it.  At least, so far as I know -- maybe they use it and I don't know about it.

> Note that MailMate does support client side rules as part of the experimental 2.0 features (enabled in the General preferences pane).

Right, that was one of the big reasons that I've already enabled the 2.0 experimental features, and I'm really looking forward to 2.0 shipping.  However, I have not yet had any chance to look at how they're implemented or how to set them up.