[MlMt] Follow-up question on using Spamsieve with Mailmate

Mon Mar 31 08:17:51 EDT 2014

On 30 Mar 2014, at 21:44, Sam Heldenbrand wrote:

> Ok, that explains the "Move Out of Junk" functionality. But why does
> Spamsieve do nothing happen when I select a piece of mail in my inbox
> and I tag it as Junk? Shouldn't it automatically move that  piece of
> mail to its account's respective Junk folder? I'm having to do this
> manually right now, which seems wrong.

The “Junk State ▸ Junk” menu item only enables/disables the $Junk
IMAP keywords (which is how email clients communicate about the state of
a message). The same goes for “Not Junk” which is mapped to
$NotJunk. Note that a third state for a message is that it is neither
$Junk or $NotJunk -- this can be interpreted as an unknown junk status.

You should use “Message ▸ Move to Junk” if you want to use the
Junk mailbox. This automatically marks the message as $Junk as well.
Moving out of the Junk mailbox marks it as $NotJunk instead.