[MlMt] settings lost after crash

Tue Mar 25 16:59:23 EDT 2014

On 25 Mar 2014, at 18:49, mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org wrote:

> 	I just had mailmate crash, and upon restart, I lost my layout, column
> setups, keybindings, spamseive settings, and PGP settings (still
> figuring out what else I lost).  Any thoughts?

Sorry about the loss of settings. That was quite a lot. Except for key
bindings then all of it are settings saved in this file:

	~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist

But MailMate does not access this file directly. It happens indirectly
via an Apple API and this makes it unlikely that a MailMate bug (even
when crashing) would destroy/corrupt this file.

Also, the key bindings file is read-only. MailMate never writes to it.
Again, this makes it unlikely to be destroyed/corrupted by a MailMate
bug.

So I'm not sure what I can tell you, but you can try finding these files
in a backup. I kind of doubt that these files are the only problem
though (based on your description).

Let me know if you have more information -- especially if it points in
the direction of a MailMate bug.