[MlMt] Error?

Tue Mar 25 16:41:43 EDT 2014

On 25 Mar 2014, at 16:11, Bill Cole wrote:

> In practical terms, the right thing for a MUA to do when it gets a 5xy
> reply code at the end-of-data point that it does not recognize is to
> treat it as it would the generic 550 failure reply at that point or
> any other 5xy reply: return the message to an unqueued draft state and
> alert the user to its failure, providing the full unmodified server
> reply.

This is actually what happens in MailMate. The message is reopened in
the composer and a sheet shows the SMTP error reported (verbatim). (It
doesn't even block MailMate as many of the IMAP errors unfortunately
still do.)

(But I know there are many other cases MailMate does not handle
gracefully.)

You wouldn't happen to know why Yahoo rejects a message with a single
URL? Is this some kind of spam-detection and if it is, why do they
suggest adding text to the message (hmm, maybe this is a message
intended for their web interface)?