[MlMt] Error?

Mon Mar 24 16:19:54 EDT 2014

On 24 Mar 2014, at 21:07, mail at assai.com.au wrote:

> The 564 was copy-pasted, not typed. If you google:
>
> "We were unable to deliver your message. Please try resending your
> message by adding some text"

Yes, I found that too just a few minutes ago (thought it might be you
asking the question).

> you'll see some other people have received the same response, with the
> same error code. But seems very rare.

There was no (useful) answer on the page I found.

> The SMTP server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo's IMAP implementation is not impressive and I wouldn't be
surprised if their SMTP server is buggy too. I do have a Yahoo test
account and I could try to find out exactly what makes the server return
this error (using telnet/openssl), but I'm not really interested in
doing so when I don't think it's a MailMate bug. I probably wouldn't
even be able to create a workaround (without adding random text to short
messages which would be really weird).

Perhaps someone else has a special interest in SMTP servers :-) If it
turns out to be a MailMate bug then I'll naturally fix it.