[MlMt] External Editor To Compose Messages?

Jason Davies ophiochos at me.com
Sat Mar 22 18:17:24 EDT 2014

BBEdit is the most powerful text editor I know. Multimarkdown composer is good but nothing like BBEDit. Its unique virtue seems to be a markdown-opml import export.

There's a 'BBEdit lite' called Textwrangler which is free but doesn't  have all the power.

BBEdit 'clippings' let you decide how to do just about anything (eg enclosing selected text with *, or pasting the clipboard enclosed with *, in fact just about anything you can imagine).

Not sure of BBEdit's price but it's worth its weight in gold.  It's iffered through their site as well as the App Store www.barebones.com

Ps Gruber worked for them, that's where I electronically met him. Daringfireball was - I think - what he did next. And HE uses BBEdit;)

Thanks,

    -Jason
Sent from my iPad