[MlMt] Cannot decode response

Thu Mar 20 12:36:13 EDT 2014

On 20 Mar 2014, at 15:37, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm frequently getting
> errors sending messages. "Cannot decode response." Is that an issue
> with my Gmail server, or a known issue with MailMate?

It's not a known issue. Well, now it is.

If you get the error again when clicking “Retry” then you can hold
down ⇧ to generate a log file which is saved to the desktop. That
would tell me what exactly fails.

If it doesn't fail on retry then I need you to keep the “Activity
Viewer” (⌥⌘0) open and then find the log manually after you have
seen this error.

Thanks in advance.

The past week or so I have had multiple reports about a problem with the
SSL handshake. Primarily (or only) with Gmail, but it doesn't sound like
it's related to this problem. Nevertheless, if anyone has this problem
then it's discussed in ticket
[651](http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/651). So
far, it's unresolved.