[MlMt] External Editor To Compose Messages?

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.COM
Tue Mar 18 18:46:24 EDT 2014

Greetings -

I'm curious if anyone besides me would be interested in a MailMate
option to use an external text editor for composing messages?  After
about 40 years of using DEC's keypad controlled text editor, and having
recently taken the VMS cluster down, this is something I now really wish
I still had available.  I do have a very decent emulation of it (jed)
running on OS X, and it's easy to call, at least from non-GUI programs.
But, MailMate is far superior to mutt, et al., so I thought I'd see if
there's enough demand to make it worth implementing.  As well, Text
Wrangler/BB Edit are wonderful editors for those who prefer GUI tools,
and there is no shortage of other good character cell and GUI text
editors.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
Billy Youdelman
+1 310 839 7673