[MlMt] No action for a long time, suddenly 50+ messages?

Seebs mailmate-list at seebs.net
Sun Mar 16 17:13:30 EDT 2014

I've had occasional recurrences of a very strange UI glitch with
MailMate recently. The behavior is that, the moment I actually activate
MailMate's window and click on a message, suddenly a ton of messages
appear, all new and unread. No mail appears to be duplicated or lost
here, it's just that Mailmate's not showing an icon badge, or any new
messages, and then when I click on a thing, suddenly it's showing a
bunch of messages (87, this time) with timestamps running back a day or
so, all brand new.

The change is fast enough that I don't think it's just suddenly
synchronizing with the upstream account, I think it's had these messages
for quite some time, but for some reason the UI hadn't chosen to update.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what's happening may be that if I do a
search, and leave the search up, the app doesn't do any UI updates that
don't affect that search, which results in the new messages not being
visible.

I think the dock icon and such should still get updated even when
searching, if that is indeed what's happening.

-s