[MlMt] Solution to the "Reply to HTML" problem?

Thu Mar 13 06:32:21 EDT 2014

On 13 Mar 2014, at 8:49, mail at assai.com.au wrote:

> Right now, if you reply to an HTML message—even one that you have
> yourself generated using Markdown—you end up with gobbledegook in
> the inclusion.

Replying to a MailMate-generated Markdown message should work without
problems, but in general you are right. Replying to HTML messages does
not work well.

> However, Forward as Attachment maintains the formatting.
>
> Would it be be possible to add a "Reply as Attachment" (or Reply with
> Attachment--but to me the first is clearer) which is the same as
> "Reply as Attachment", except that the original senders populate the
> resulting email.

It would be possible (if the user prefers top-posting), but it's not
certain that all receiving email clients/services would handle it well.
“Forward as Attachment” is also often not an ideal solution when
forwarding.

> Does that make sense? Would that be of use to anyone else?

I'm still considering various solutions to this problem. There is no
perfect solution, but hopefully I'll come up with something that works
better than it does now.