[MlMt] muting of mailing lists

Mon Mar 10 10:11:20 EDT 2014

On 10 Mar 2014, at 13:45, Joris Hoogeboom wrote:

> I'm looking for something along the lines of a mute all threads for a
> given mailing list. As I understand it the muting only works for
> specific threads in a mailing list? So currently when I mute a message
> in a mailing list, different threads keep popping up in the inbox
> since they are usually new threads. I have a  lot of mailing lists
> that I like to keep as archive and now and then search through it, but
> I want to keep them out of my inbox cause of the high volume. The
> functioning of a direct mention leading to unmuting is great. I can
> see how rules can aid in what I want to do, but then to recreate the
> direct mention action in rules seems a little overly complicated.

If you can have rules to automatically archive these messages then you
can also add a condition that says that the message to be moved must not
have a direct mention. You can even add a condition that says to not
move a message if a message earlier in the same thread was not moved.
The latter might be a bit tricky though, but I think it can be done with
the virtual “Thread-Id” header (the same value for all messages of
the same thread) and the “is in” comparison method.