[MlMt] Rules

Mon Jun 23 08:03:51 EDT 2014

On 23 Jun 2014, at 12:43, Bram Heerink wrote:

> I enabled 2.0 features to delete messages from twitter.com that are
> older then 30 days. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to press a
> magic button to execute the rule?
>
> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s52/sh/ac325577-7099-475e-b3f3-26e10d69a331/50294409f7c470e09aefe4efcf3259af

Rules are not “dynamic” in the sense that for this rule to work then
the message should arrive in the mailbox already being more than 30 days
old. This might be optional at some point, but for now you can create a
smart mailbox based on the INBOX which matches these 30 day old
messages. Add a single rule to this smart mailbox which only has the
action of moving to Deleted Messages. This works, because as far as
MailMate is concerned a messages “arrives” in the smart mailbox when
it's 30 days old. It is, of course, a bit weird that this mailbox is
always going to be empty.

Alternatively, you can manually use “Mailbox ▸ Apply Rules” on a
selection of messages.