[MlMt] Using tags with an Exchange IMAP server

Fri Jun 20 03:49:06 EDT 2014

On 19 Jun 2014, at 22:48, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I set up a smart folder pointed at the top-level of my Exchange
> server. I told it to make a sub mailbox for each #Tag. I was thinking
> of experimenting with tags instead of folders. But it's only showing 5
> or 6 of all the tags I use. Has anyone else seen this issue? Or am I
> setting something wrong?

I don't know why you are not seeing all the tags (we can debug that off
list if you like), but here are two important points about tags (IMAP
keywords):

* The “Submailboxes” feature does not work well with multi-value
headers (tags, to, cc). Currently, a message can only be in one
submailbox. In other words, it'll only work well if you use at most 1
tag per message.
* Exchange IMAP is one of few IMAP servers which does not support custom
IMAP keywords. This does not mean that you cannot use tags in MailMate,
but they won't be synchronized to the server. Unfortunately, this is not
currently “communicated” in the GUI (and I'm not sure how to do that
either).