[MlMt] I don't expect support soon, but, heads up. (Yosemite)

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Thu Jun 5 10:47:08 EDT 2014

On 3 Jun 2014, at 15:09, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2014, at 20:59, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
>
>>> There is a test version available now (hold down ⌥ when clicking
>>> “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane). The
>>> technical stuff: I've changed the scripts to use the default `ruby`
>>> install on the OS (`/usr/bin/ruby`). The scripts appear to work fine
>>> with `ruby 2.0` on OS X 10.9-10.10. The main problem is if new
>>> scripts or changes to existing scripts do not work with `ruby 1.8`.
>>
>> MailMate 4214 is the latest version available—you have 4229.
>>
>> The Check Now isn't quite checking right here, it would appear!
>
> I had to pull the test version. The fix has broken the display of
> plain text messages on Mavericks for several users. It works for me
> though and I haven't yet figured out what makes it fail for other
> users, but I'm looking into it.

If this is going to prompt a rewriting of the decoding and re/deflowing
scripts, I'd like to bring up something I think I did once in the past.

Replying to some emails (I think mostly ones sent from Gmail accounts)
always changes the text from flowing until it finds a newline character
to being hard wrapped to a certain line width. As in, it introduces
newline chars to make lines and paragraphs a lot shorter than what the
window width would make them, and they do not wrap around as I resize
the window. This also remains the case after the reply is sent and I
look at the reply message in browser.

(I wanted to attach a screenshot, but Distortion mode doesn't distort
email body content apparently).

I think Benny said that it was specific to replies to messages from a
Gmail account. A proposed workaround was to select all the text and then
reply, which for some reason did reflow the text as one would
want/expect. However, that workaround is a hassle, and it introduces
strange added empty lines/newline characters.

Is there any chance that this is going to fixed in the near future?
For the record, that problem did not happen in the reply to this
message.

Thanks.

Sherif