[MlMt] Please help me with my broken email workflow

Wed Jul 30 13:00:56 EDT 2014

On 29 Jul 2014, at 14:12, Jonas Kemper wrote:

> I now have smart mailboxes that filter out flagged mails. Would it be
> possible to let the smart mailbox do that immediately after flagging a
> message without having to navigate out of it and then back into it? I
> suspect there might be some design decisions that prevail it?

This is not currently configurable. MailMate does quite an effort to
*not* remove the messages immediately. This is most often not desirable,
for example, when marking messages as read in the Unread mailbox. You
might agree if you could try out such behavior, but maybe this should
some day be configurable on a per-mailbox basis...

> Also Is their a special case for Archiving on a GMail Account?
> Mailmate moves the messages to "[Google Mail]/Archive" - the
> webinterface does not.

In theory, it should be possible to let MailMate subscribe the special
mailbox “[Gmail]/All Mail” and assign that as the “Archive”
(Mailbox Type in the mailbox menu), but I'm not sure all issues have
been resolved with this mailbox. It's a bit tricky to handle for
MailMate:
http://blog.freron.com/2013/mavericks-gmail-apple-mail-and-mailmate/

Reports are welcome if you try it, but you probably shouldn't do it if
you have many tens of thousands of messages (performance issues). I have
a report from a user with a problem where MailMate constantly refetches
the emails in “[Gmail]/All Mail”. I haven't yet figured out what
triggers this behavior (and then I went on vacation).

(Mailbox subscriptions are handled via “File ▸ Edit IMAP Account ▸
...”.)