[MlMt] Attaching .pages document just beeps

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.COM
Fri Jul 18 13:31:32 EDT 2014

On 18 Jul 2014, at 8:59, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:

> When I drag a .pages document to my email and release, I just get a
> beep. No attachment. I utilize the Attachments menu and same result. I
> know the .pages are actually a "Package/Folder" containing many other
> documents, but when working in OS X Mail.App, all works fine by
> dragging and dropping.
>
> Any thoughts on how to send a pages document easily?

No, but with MailMate Version 1.8 (4378), I get this error message, but
no beep.

|    Cannot attach folders
|
|    You cannot attach a folder to an email. You must compress
|    it first, for example, using “Compress...” in the Finder.

I am curious about the beep itself, though, as Apple doesn't supply one
in their alert sounds.  Being an old guy accustomed to hearing them, I
made one myself.  Heh.

http://MIX.COM/Beep.html

ビリー ヨーデルマん
Billy Youdelman