[MlMt] Warn sending encrypted mail about unencrypted subject

Gary Hull YH82d7dfU at yandex.com
Wed Jul 16 19:22:21 EDT 2014

One solution would be to silently accept the entered subject, but then
replace it with something like "Encrypted Email - PGP," or something
more "cryptic" (no pun intended) while moving the subject to the first
line of the email like this:

Subject: My username is spandex1, passwd is pqowiefjpoiqwerfpoiqjhwef

and then inserting a double return and encrypting the resulting
content-with-subject as usual.

But I think most people know that the sender and receiver and the date
sent and the general size of the email are going to be revealed to
anyone who intercepts it, and the subject is also in that group. But it
probably really shouldn't be.

The password program 1Password encrypts its database, of course, but it
does so by leaving each record title in plaintext and encrypting the
rest of the record. Since most people title their 1Password records with
the name of the service or website and perhaps even their usernames, a
lot of meta data is exposed and lot of your internet usage patterns are
exposed.