[MlMt] Warn sending encrypted mail about unencrypted subject

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Jul 16 09:41:46 EDT 2014

On Jul 16, 2014, at 8:23 AM, Bram Heerink <personal at bramheerink.nl> wrote:

> I think (most) people do know when they think about it. But are you aware enough all the time? Reason I suggested this change is I composed an encrypted e-mail and then remembered 'oh subject is not encrypted' and then I changed it. But true, it's not a big thing, I think.

ISTR that some clients will auto-replace the unencrypted subject line with the contents of the encrypted subject (and other headers), once the message is decrypted.  And going the other way, they will put in a placeholder like "Encrypted subject" into the envelope subject line, which should get replaced on the other end when the message gets decrypted.

Was it mutt or elm that did this?  Don't remember -- it's been way too long.