[MlMt] Want a simple IMAP server to run locally... every proposed method is too complicated for my little brain... any help out there?

Phil Marlowe phil-marlowe at posteo.de
Mon Jul 14 02:04:14 EDT 2014

On 13 Jul 2014, at 17:35, Richard I Cook MD wrote:

> I need to have offline mail storage. It's essential.
>
> I like MailMate for many reasons, none of which offset the requirement
> for offline mail storage.
>
> It seems that I need a local IMAP server. It need not communicate with
> the outside world, just work inside my own user space. The _only_ use
> of this server will be to provide MailMate with a way to 'see' the
> offline mail.

Hi, same here. Tried to get dovecot running but it was a hazzle. I'm
lucky, I have an Synology DiskStation NAS in my Homenetwork. And there
are preconfigured Packages to run a Mailserver. No everything is
fine....

But I guess if you'd own an NAS you would have already figured out this
workaround.

Phil