[MlMt] Want a simple IMAP server to run locally... every proposed method is too complicated for my little brain... any help out there?

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.COM
Sun Jul 13 14:09:12 EDT 2014

On 13 Jul 2014, at 8:35, Richard I Cook MD wrote:

> Does anyone have a canned approach that works out-of-the-box (i.e.
> without extensive modifications to .conf files and all that stuff?)

Since you mentioned archiving messages from Apple Mail, how about this?

http://www.mailsteward.com

I'm not using it, and I only know about it because it was mentioned on
this mailing list, but it seems easy to use.

Here's a guy who has software he says "Helps Mac users set up a totally
buzzword-compliant mail server in less than a minute, the Mac Way. It
sets up SMTP, UW/IMAP, POP3 ..." and a lot more.  He has Tiger, Leopard,
Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks versions.

https://cutedgesystems.com/software/MailServeForMavericks/

I'm not using this either, but it looks good on paper (so to speak),
heh.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
Billy Youdelman
+1 310 839 7673