[MlMt] Organize by thread with "Inbox" folder question

Thu Jan 30 03:08:56 EST 2014

On 29 Jan 2014, at 21:08, Justin R. Pessa wrote:

> seems like organize by thread only wants to work when i have "All
> Messages" highlighted under mailboxes. is there something i'm missing
> here? i don't like viewing all messages because it pulls in my spam

It shouldn't pull in Spam if all of your spam folders have a mailbox
type of “Junk” (right-click and look for Mailbox Type in the menu).

> and other folders, which i don't like to view all at once, however i
> really like the thread view.

MailMate uses very strict threading. It only shows two messages as
related if they are parent-child. In your case, the messages you sent
are probably missing links. There are frequent requests for numerous
other ways to thread messages (for various reasons), but I cannot
promise you anything soon.

What you can do now is to create a smart Inbox which includes any
messages related to the messages in your current INBOX. You can do this
by deselecting all messages in your Inbox and then click “Thread” in
the toolbar. Finally, use the “Save” button to store it as a smart
mailbox. (You can then review the smart mailbox if you want to see the
conditions needed to make this work.)