[MlMt] auto-correct is stubbornly active in Mailmate

Jason Davies ophiochos at me.com
Tue Jan 21 08:56:27 EST 2014

I haven't found a way to turn off OS X using the shortcuts I have from
my iOS devices, and it seems only to happen in Mailmate... I've turned
off System Prefs/Keyboard/Text and I've checked that Mailmate is not set
to use them...

but it's doing it in Mailmate. When composing, it doesn't even give me
the little preview/cancellation box, it just substitutes straightaway.
When moving things to a different mailbox, it does give me the
preview/cancellation.

(In terms of what help I'd like, let's be clear that while I *like* iOS
interfering with my mangled text, I wish to throw my computer out of the
window if it ever.dares.to.alter.what.I.typed as I use a lot of
shorthand codes, foreign language, mark-up (etc).

I have tried googling to no avail and have tried to find the relevant
bits of the handbook eg for hidden preferences. All app settings under
Edit for Spelling etc are switched off as well as the OS setting.

Any ideas gratefully received...;)