[MlMt] Unclickable attachments in accepted meeting

Tue Jan 21 03:55:26 EST 2014

On 20 Jan 2014, at 23:10, Robert McClure wrote:

> Folks,
> I use Busycal and when I click on a meeting appointment that is
> included in an email invite, and that invite (.ics) has attachments,
> the resulting appointment in Busycal has an attached file that starts
> with "CID:" with numbers and @... but that item in busycal is NOT
> clickable and therefore I can't get to the attached file from within
> busycal. The same thing seems to happen with Calendar.
>
> Is there something not working correctly or is this the expected
> behavior? I would think I should be able to click on the file
> reference from within the meeting item in BusyCal (or Calendar) and
> either go to the email with the attachments, or actually open the file
> itself.

This is not something I've tried myself. I would probably need an
example message to understand it better. If the `cid:` links were
clickable in Busycal then MailMate should, in theory, locate the related
attachment, but I'm not sure this works since I don't use this feature.

Quick test. This works (in the Terminal):

	open "mid:6470ACF1-3A10-4261-B8BB-22F3ED2E4C7C at gmail.com"

But this doesn't (testing with an old attachment sent to this mailing
list):

	open "cid:F3AECC04-57FE-4907-AD81-B1BB6F7AE3B2 at mac.com"

I've just fixed it such that the latter works by opening the message
with the given attachment. Showing CIDs as links is Busycal/Calendar is
not a MailMate issue.